Hey welcome!!!

Hello and welcome to my blog, "The Life & Times of a Self Proclaimed Blind Gypsy." I hope you enjoy my stories and become a frequent visiter. Thanx for your time, and I hope you have a beautiful day!!!

Thursday, May 31, 2012

I Don't Need You, At Least Not Right Now!!!

I Don't Need You...

I am so incredibly tired of talking about you. You’re not a part of my life I wish to concern myself with. I absolutely hate when people say, I need you. Or ask where you are. My response is I don’t care, and don’t ask me again. My friends and family should know me well enough that when I say I don’t need or want you in my life that I mean it. I’m not being stubborn, or oppositional, I’m just telling the truth. I just don’t.  
Why is it that people think of us as a two for one deal? Like I’m a burger and you’re my side of fries. Like it’s impossible that I’m living without you gripping my hand. Honestly like I really need you to live the lifestyle I’ve been dealt. I find it to be so ridiculous that people that aren’t me think they know what I need. I am neither helpless, nor incompetent. Do people not understand I’ve lived 26 years without you, and plan on living at least 52 more without you. I didn’t need you before, and I don’t need you now. I know my way around this town and many others like the back of my hand. So why would I need your help getting around.
Look I understand where everyone is coming from. Honestly I truly do. You worry about me falling down and not having that thing to help me back up. You’re worried that I walk around so much by myself. You’re afraid I can’t make it through the darkness and the haloed lights alone. You’re concerned that when people see me they just won’t get it without me going through my whole spill about the cards I’ve been dealt. I get it. I swear I do.
I would be lying if I said I never had the same concerns. Of course I’m tired of this obstacle, I didn’t ask for it, and I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy. I hate that at times I have to be so dependent on others, which is why when I say I can do things on my own I mean it. I’d have to be emotionally detached from reality to say I’m not afraid of falling and tripping through life. I am afraid, but with every fall and trip I am granted greater independence and have won another battle in my war.
So my dear friend your just gonna have to sit in the corner until I do need you. Just because the world expects you to accompany me through my journeys doesn’t mean I plan to circum to your tempting offer of an easier life. I must say though, it is very comforting to know that you’re in my corner and that I can always turn to you. And that if the streets I stroll become a real threat you’ll be right by my side to guild me through.
Sorry your services aren’t needed just yet. Mr. White Cane, I got it from here, for now at least.     
Dedicated to all my fellow legally blind people living life to the fullest, whether you use a walking cane or not. And to my friends with the gift of sight, appreciate the beauty around you, all the colors and shapes, they truely are priceless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave you comments here on particular post or the blog as a whole. Thank you in advance for your comments and consideration.